Indigo Counselling and Consulting using a therapeutic approach incorporating a number of techniques. Sharon uses Narrative Therapy, Emotionally Focussed Therapy (EFT), Attachment Focussed – Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (AF-EMDR), and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). Occasionally therapeutic practice may also be peppered with theory and interventions informed by Gottman Theory and Existentialism and other areas to support you in a meaningful way.
While there are differing approaches listed here, having more than one way of working allows us to work together in the way that feels best for both of us – like taking a recipe and giving it a flavor all it’s own, we will blend therapeutic modalities “to taste.” After all, like shoes and undergarments – one size does not fit all!
So…how does this work?
- You email or text and we set up an appointment to meet.
- During your first appointment we will get to know each other a little bit.
- I will give you as much information as I can so that you can make an Informed Decision about this being the right service for you.
- You can tell me a little bit about what brought you in to counselling, what concerns you may be experiencing and what you might be hoping to change.
- We will talk a little bit more about what our specific style (yours and ours) of working together might look like.
- If you feel like Indigo is the right choice for you we will sign an agreement of what we can both expect in working together and then make another appointment.
- If you don’t feel like Indigo is the right choice for you I will try to connect you with other resources that may be able to better meet your needs.
Also, I do have a couch, and you can lay down on it while we talk if that’s how you are most comfortable but you certainly don’t have to. 🙂
For the therapy keeners and uber curious minds:
If you want to know more about the types of therapy above, here’s a few website links to check out:
Psychodynamic Therapy – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychodynamic_psychotherapy
Narrative Therapy – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narrative_therapy
EFT – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotionally_focused_therapy
EMDR – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_movement_desensitization_and_reprocessing
CBT – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_behavioral_therapy
Gottman Theory – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Gottman
Existentialism – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existentialism