Helping Each Other Stay Well Policy and Consent
Hi! I am really looking forward to offering you In-Person Sessions but because of our globally changing health landscape there are a few changes and a few things we need to be on the same page about for all our sakes. Here we go:
- THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- In person sessions will continue to be offered for as long as it feels that we can manage risk together. If there is a resurgence in COVID or other health crises, I may insist we go back to phone or online video (Zoom). Though you are free to go back to telehealth at ANY TIME that feels more comfortable for you.
- By coming to the office, you are assuming the sole risk of exposure to the coronavirus (or other public health risk). This risk may increase if you travel by public transportation or cab service.
- I commit to sanitizing my office space in between appointments but have no control over the rest of the building or the public washrooms.
- I am committed to safety for us and others in our communities so that means if you show up for an appointment and I believe that you have a fever or other symptoms, or believe you have been exposed, I will require you to leave the office immediately and our sessions would go back to telehealth for awhile.
- MY COMMITMENT TO OUR SAFETY
- I will use hand sanitizer in between appointments.
- I will respect our social distance of 6m.
- I will offer you Kleenex if you need that has been individually packaged by me in airtight bags, using hand sanitizer and gloves.
- I won’t touch all the things in public places that I go and will be diligent about maintaining my personal safety and social contac with others.
- If I, or someone in my contact circle, tests positive for COVID I will notify you so that you can take appropriate precautions.
- YOUR COMMITMENT TO OUR SAFETY
To obtain services in person, you agree to take certain precautions which will help keep everyone (you, me, and our families, other clients) safer from exposure. If you do not adhere to these safeguards, it may result in our starting / returning to a telehealth arrangement. I will check off each of these as you indicate that you understand and agree to these actions:
___ You will only keep your in-person appointment if you are symptom free.
___ You will wait in your car or outside [or in a designated safer waiting area] until the time of our appointment.
___ You must self-assess upon arrival. The self assessment is just outside my office door and available on my website or here https://indigocounsellingservices.com/home/helping-each-other-stay-well/health-self-assessment/
___ Please do not bring in unnecessary items to your session like coats, purses, etc. You are certainly welcome to bring in your own mug, water bottle, etc. though 😊
___ You will use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when you enter the office.
___ You will keep a distance of 6 feet and there will be no physical contact (e.g. no shaking hands) with me.
___ If you or a resident of your home tests positive for the infection, you will immediately let me know and we will resume treatment via telehealth for the appropriate amount of time.
I may change the above precautions if additional local, provincial or federal orders or guidelines are published. If that happens, we will talk about any necessary changes.
- YOUR CONFIDENTIALITY IN THE CASE OF INFECTION
If you, someone who attended an appointment within a designated timeframe OR I have tested positive for the coronavirus, I may be required to notify local health authorities that you have been in the office. If I have to report this, I will only provide the minimum information necessary for their data collection and will not go into any details about the reason(s) for our visits. By signing this form, you are agreeing that I may do so without an additional signed release.
This agreement is alongside the general informed consent that we agreed to at the start of our work together.